High Performance Long Life Air Diffusion Electrodes (ADEs)
Metal-air batteries and alkaline fuel cells are each the subject of continued research due to their high theoretical energy density, high level of safety and reduced costs. Bettergy produces long-life air diffusion electrodes (ADEs) for metal air batteries and fuel cells. Our high performance ADEs have the following performance characteristics and can be tailored to meet customer specifications.
- High current capability (> 500 mA/cm2)
- Proven long life (> 12,000 hrs demonstrated)
- Low cost non-precious metal catalyst
Bifunctional ADEs are also available.
- Metal air batteries in alkaline and neutral electrolyte
- Alkaline fuel cells and alkaline membrane fuel cells
- Lithium air batteries
- Metal hydride air batteries
- Air reduction-based chlor-alkali electrolysis
High Performance Anion Exchange Membranes (AEMs)
Bettergy can custom-make high quality, low cost AEMs for a variety of applications. The AEMs have been evaluated by an independent third party and were deemed to be the world-leading AEM technology.
- Very high ionic conductivity: 72 mS/cm at RT
- Very long alkaline stability : > 5000 hrs at high temperature
- Thickness range: 20 um ~ 80 um
- Excellent mechanical strength
- Low cost
- Alkaline membrane fuel cells (AMFC)
- Redox flow batteries
- Water electrolysis
- Water treatment
- Medical dialysis